17 Posts
8 Users
11 Likes
Hala Ihtisham
1682 Credits
Topic starter
(@halaihtisham)
Trusted Member

Beginning with a freelance enterprise can be highly awarding. You endeavor for yourself as your own commander, when you want and where you want.

The sovereignty to set your plan, choose your clients and to raise your rates when you like! Who wouldn’t want to be a freelance writer?

So, what did you generally do when you learned about it? You went online and studied as much as you could about becoming a freelance writer. But, then you ended up having research stiffness – you don’t know where to start or how to start.

To get us started, I’ve come up with few clues to help all of us out.  This all needs taking action on our fraction, however.  If we don’t just do it and get out there, we’ll never know how much we can potentially accomplished as a pro writer.

For this purpose, here are a couple of tips all new freelance writers to get started with, including myself.

1:Grade yourself Every Day

Client’s won’t come to us as they have no indication of our validity! The internet is tremendous platform and so it’s the best place to make money, everyone is on it!

Hence, it’s our chore as a new freelance writer to start tuning and go to the subject. And the very best way to attain that is to set an objective and stick to it.

For example, pitch 5-10 times a day for 1 month.

Be sure to not only pitch to job boards, but also send out some samples to those clients or companies which are not currently looking for a freelancer.

When a client doesn’t get back to us or says we’re not a good suit for their category, don’t take it personally.

It has zero to do with us as a person! So, don’t let the fear of refusal stop us from taking action.  

So, we should have a strong belief in ourselves and should stick to our destinations.

2:Invest in  a Course

Having a healthy bracket to go by, just makes new freelance writers become successful faster. If we learn the right way to grade or submit our work or where to find freelance writing jobs we'll not waste our time.

That’s why aspiring writers(we) should invest in our business first by taking a course which will further help us a lot in expanding our career.

3:Network With Other Freelance Writers

One of the best things we can do is to reach out to other freelance writers. Whether it is for to ask them about rates or clients, having another person who “knows” what we are going through may be helpful.

4:Develop a Marketing Plan

This is most crucial tip 🙂

Possessing a strong marketing agenda is what will help us stay in business. Because after we get first client, we still need to have another and another, if we want to make this, a endurable business.

And for this we have to market ourselves.

The nicest tips for this are:

• Start guest posting. This gives us an author bio which helps get us discovered.
  • Get on Twitter and LinkedIn.
  • Comment on blogs that we want to write for.
  • Connect with businesses on social media.
  • Have a writer website.

5:Keep On Hustling

We are freelance writers and that means we're also a hustler. So, we have to chase hard our clients.

It doesn’mean that we have to do it ALL the time; after a span – if we market ourselves sucessfully– chances will start greeting us.

Don’t Do it Alone

Even though we work from home by ourselves, it doesn’t mean we've to do it alone! There’s a community of freelance writers out there ready to help. We, should approach them without any hesitation and seek help. Just like, what we're doing on this fine platform.🙂

16 Replies
Jaheda
1420 Credits
Admin
(@jaheda)

This is just brilliant and crisp! And that's really brilliant of you to take freelancing as business. That's how you can grow and avoid cheap work rates. Yeah, everyone has to start from zero, then low rates but eventually you need to stick to a business plan for your freelancing career. 

And that's what I call an 'ENTREPRENEURIAL MIND'. 

I'm impressed!

1 Reply
Hala Ihtisham
(@halaihtisham)

1682 Credits
Trusted Member

@jaheda thank you so much ma'am for admiring☺. I hope I'll learn here a lot and will be a beneficial addition to this platform.

Zubira Jafri
782 Credits
(@zubira-jafri)
Eminent Member

Thanks for sharing these great tips with us Hala 👍🏻

1 Reply
Hala Ihtisham
(@halaihtisham)

1682 Credits
Trusted Member

@zubira-jafri my pleasure😊

Memoona Ishfaque
403 Credits
(@memoona_ish)
Trusted Member

Every single point is so true, specially about the freelancing community helping each other. When I started this, I didn't expect that others will help me but whenever I've approached any fellow freelancer, I've always got the help i needed!

1 Reply
Hala Ihtisham
(@halaihtisham)

1682 Credits
Trusted Member

@memoona_ish yeah, of course! 

We can polish our aptitudes if we seek help without any hesitation. This is important part of learning though.

Joram Mbuthia Wangui
295 Credits
(@joramwriter)
Eminent Member

Thank you for sharing your remarkable thoughts. I have learned to take freelancing as a business and start from a low point and work my way up. Good luck 🤞

Page 1 / 3
Share: